Equality and Diversity Policy
This policy applies to the GP partners and practice staff at Lonsdale Medical Centre as well as a to the general public, including all patients and their families, visitors and contractors.
The term ‘visitor’ used below refers to anyone making use of the Practice’s premises and services.
- will ensure that all visitors are treated with dignity and respect
- will promote equality of opportunity between men and women
- will not tolerate any discrimination against, or harassment of, any visitor for reason of age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief
- will provide the same treatment and services (including the ability to register with the Practice) to any visitor irrespective of age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief; this includes homeless people, refugees and asylum seekers
Discrimination by the Practice against you
If you feel discriminated against:
- You should bring the matter to the attention of the Patient Services Manager
- The Patient Services Manager will investigate the matter thoroughly and confidentially within 5 working days.
- The Patient Services Manager will establish the facts, and decide whether discrimination has taken place and advise you of the outcome of the investigation within 10 working days.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should raise a formal complaint through the Practice’s Complaints Procedure (please ask for a copy of our leaflet at reception).
Discrimination against the Practice’s staff
The Practice will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of our staff by any visitor. Any visitor who expresses any form of discrimination against, or harassment of, any member of our staff, will be required to leave the Practice’s premises forthwith. If the visitor is a patient, he/she may be removed from the Practice’s list if any such behaviour occurs on more than one occasion.
INDEX - Policies
- Chaperone Policy
- Complaints to the Practice
- Did Not Attend Policy
- GDPR Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Data Security and Protection Toolkit Guidance
- Data Security Policy
- Net GP Earnings
- Zero Tolerance
- Mission Statement
- Statement of Purpose
- Privacy Statement
- Privacy Notice
- COVID-19 Privacy Notice
- Patient Charter
- Sharing Information
- Safety and Security
- Accessing Your Medical Records
- Equality and Diversity
- Quality Assurance
- Out of Area Patients
- Assistance Dogs Policy
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.