Lonsdale Medical Centre formed the Patient Participation Group (PPG) in 2010 and is an independent body which acts as an interface between the patients and the Practice.
The committee consists of a group of current patients and the patient services manager.
Officers and Committee:
- Chairman: Vacancy
Committee Members: Dr Alison Stewart, Graham Wykes, John Aviss, Benedetta Rondanelli, Martin McArthur, Sabrina Cohen, Dogan Delman, Denise Priestman, Jeannie Kemp
Profiles of our committee members:
Jean Kemp - Committee Member
- I joined the PPG in 2019 as I’m interested in providing a patient’s point of view and feedback to the surgery, as well as finding ways on how we as a group can support the surgery staff in the current demanding health care environment having been a patient at the original surgery since 1988.
- I’m also a great believer of being responsible for your own health, taking a proactive approach in prevention and getting the right help when needed in a timely fashion.
- Keeping as fit and well as you can within your own capabilities and constraints, sometimes with the help of others I feel is the best you can do for yourself .
Dr Alison Stewart - Medical Representative
- Tony Buckland and I created Lonsdale Medical Centre in 1999, when we moved into 1 Clanricarde Gardens. I qualified as a GP in 1980, and practised in Solihull before moving to Tunbridge Wells in 1995. I retired from full partnership at Lonsdale Medical Centre in 2014, and recently I ceased doing work involving patient contact, though I maintain my links with the practice by doing some computer work when necessary, and I am the grass cutter.
- I have been married twice and have 3 offspring in their 30s. I also have 2 adult step children and 3 step grandchildren, and am frequently called upon to childmind. I am essentially an outdoor person, and in my retirement I am enjoying playing lots of tennis, cycling, walking and gardening. Soon after I retired I trekked to Everest Base Camp in an organised group. I recently stopped distance running. I am a committee member of the Tunbridge Wells Bicycle Users Group which is involved in improving the safety of cycling around Tunbridge Wells. I am also on my local residents’ group committee, as well as being the medical representative on Lonsdale’s PPG.
The aim of Lonsdale Medical Centre PPG is to give patients of the Surgery an opportunity to become actively involved with the doctors and staff in planning and developing services and to take an active interest in their own healthcare.
If you are interested in being involved with the Patient Participation Group, please let our Receptionist at the Surgery have your contact details. Alternatively please email the Surgery on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require further information on the significant value of this group, please visit www.napp.org.uk (N.A.P.P. is the umbrella organisation for Patient Participation Groups).
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.